Free basic version/Android
Visual Anatomy is an interactive reference and education tool which includes a rotational organ 3D overview model, 58 high-resolution images and more than 300 feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. Eight overview images from Gray’s Anatomy are included — the full version has all 1247 images. In addition, a quiz with 23 multi-choice questions is included.
- Support English and French (Français) languages.
- Tap and Zoom – Pinch zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
- Quiz mode – test yourself with an option to switch off the label of the feature point.
- Quick Navigation – jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
- Multi-choice quiz.
- High-resolution images.
- Great for learning anatomy and physiology
- Free periodic updates.
- Can be used as anatomy dictionary by searching anatomy term.
Overall Impressions from Around the Web:
Very popular app with medical students, and overall seems to perform quite well. However, although feedback is overall positive — and you can’t beat the price at free — the quality of the description on the Google Play site raises a few red flags. Given that positive reviews can and are frequently bought, we advise approaching with caution. Again, though, it’s free….