Tuesday , December 12 2017
Home / Conditions / Alzheimer's / Statins, Are They For All Your Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Patie

Statins, Are They For All Your Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Patie

Experts say the statins’ do much more than lower your cholesterol. Taking statins cuts your odds of a heart attack by 40 percent, your odds of diabetes by 30 percent. It also reduces your risk of cancer, brittle bones and apparently it even helps stop HIV. Yet, Studies have shown that about 30% of seniors should be on a statin drug, but only 4% are!

It’s a single pill that does so much. Bill Clinton takes one every day, as do eight million others.

More and more studies are showing Statins’ benefits have very little to do with lowering your cholestorol. Their benefits, even for heart disease, come from something else.

More and more studies show their benefits have very little to do with actively lowering your cholesterol. Their benefits, even for heart disease, come from something else.

Statins actually prevent inflammation of your cells. Therefore, Statins stop heart attacks even if your cholesterol is normal. Statins work so fast they can stop heart attacks just about to occur, by reducing the inflammation that leads to a sudden heart block.

But their effects don’t stop there. Two studies, just released, prove Statins can help prevent inflammation elsewhere as well. They can prevent or alleviate the symptoms of other diseases, including Multiple Sclerosis and Alzheimer’s.

Some symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis such as blindness and numbness are caused when nerve cells become inflamed. Now researchers have announced Statins stop that inflammation in laboratory animals.

Alzheimer’s disease researchers found Statin users are seventy-nine percent less likely to have Alzheimer’s. This time, Statin prevents the inflammation that causes the development of amyloid plaques deep in your brain.

Statins may be miracle drugs but they come at a high price. While thirty percent of seniors should take the drug, only four percent are on the medication. Experts say the main reason for this is that Statins cost an average of $1,500 a year, too much for the average senior to afford.

If you patients cannot afford to purchase a statin, then just go to www.diabetesmeds.org and print the form and have the patient fill it out. Instead of $1500 dollars a year it would only cost them 40 dollars a year.