- Vitamin D’s Role In Preventing Type 1 Diabetes
- Bedroom Television Associated with Childhood Adiposity
- Metformin Improves Vascular Health in Children With Type 1 Diabetes
- New Faster-Acting Insulin Provides Faster Onset and Earlier Exposure Vs Insulin Aspart in Children with Type 1
- Treating Vitamin D Deficiency In Children With Type 1 Improves Glycemic Control
When a parent finds out that their child has type 1 diabetes all they can think of is getting their glucose under control. After they get used to the changes for the child and the family, they start to look for ways to either minimize the damage diabetes causes, or to gain perfect control.
This month we have a collection of articles that will help you help these parents reach their goals. The good thing is that most of these solutions are inexpensive and relatively side effect free.
Vitamin D supplementation could possibly reduce the risk of type 1 diabetes in susceptible children.
Screen-based media in a child’s room found to have an independent risk factor for overweight and increased body fatness.
HbA1c, daily insulin dose requirement also found to benefit from treatment.
Insulin found to provide better control of post-prandial glucose without significantly elevating hypoglycemia risk.
Use of cholecalciferol demonstrated reductions in HbA1c.