One of the tenants of good diabetic self care is the daily foot exam. This can be a difficult process without the proper tools and illumination. The neuro-sense™ lighted foot exam mirror is specifically designed to facilitate daily self exam of the feet in the comfort of the home. Stop by the Diabetes In Control Booth #827 to check it out.
Neuro-Sense™ Lighted Foot Exam Mirror
One of the tenants of good diabetic self care is the daily foot exam. This can be a difficult process without the proper tools and illumination. The neuro-sense™ lighted foot exam mirror is specifically designed to facilitate daily self exam of the feet in the comfort of the home. The mirror is placed on the floor between both feet while in a comfortable sitting position. The mirror is effortlessly pivoted toward either foot at the correct viewing angle to provide 2X inspection of the bottoms of the feet and toes. The independent task lighting source on the mirror provides dedicated illumination centered on the focal point reflected in the mirror.
The ports on either side of the mirror accommodate a FDA registered disposable 5.07 monofilament for periodic self-administered sensory testing to determine the presence of peripheral neuropathy. Daily self examination of the feet and periodic self-administered sensory tests provide patients an opportunity to share in the responsibility for preventing diabetes-related foot problems but should not replace routine foot evaluation by a provider.
The Lighted Foot Exam Mirror is constructed of high impact virgin ABS plastic. The 6” X 3.5”, 2X tempered glass mirror can be fixed at any angle that provides a clear view of the bottom of the foot during daily self- exam. The light source is located on the mirror for continual focus on the foot from any angle and a convenient on/off button is on the top of the mirror . Replaceable AA batteries are in a compartment on the back of the mirror that fits into a groove in the base for efficient shipping and storage.
- Shatter proof 2X safety glass mirror is fully shrouded by mirror casement.
- Strong base connector with ball and universal joints provide for full flexibility in adjustment of viewing angle.
- Rubber pads on bottom of base for non-skid safety feature.
- Sanitary design and construction.
- Ports for disposable 5.07 monofilaments on either side of the foot exam mirror enable self-test for any changes in threshold of sensitivity.
- Each mirror comes with a pack of six (6) individually wrapped disposable neuro-sense™ 5.07 monofilaments and instruction cards.
For More Information Click Here