For Your Patients:
Why We Eat More Than We Think. This overview, prepared by Elaine Massaro, MS, APN, CDE, and based on Dr. Brian Wansink’s research, will change the way your patients think about their next meal. Food psychologist Dr. Wansink revolutionizes our awareness of how much, what, and why we’re eating, often without realizing it.
- Can the size of the plate really influence appetite?
- Why do people eat more when dining with friends?
- What "hidden persuaders" are used by restaurants and supermarkets to get us to overeat?
- How does music or the color of the room influence how much and how fast we eat?
- How can we "mindlessly" lose instead of gain up to twenty pounds in the coming year?
To download an easy-to-understand PDF summarizing these principles, use this link: Brian Wansink’s Mindless Eating – Helpful Tips Through Research. And to find out more about Dr. Wansink’s methodology, check out Diabetes In Control”s exclusive video interviews here and his website at MindlessEating.org.