Key Management Group
Medicode saves the time wasted in looking at huge lists of codes to search for one code. This application allows the user to search for Health IT codes within minutes. It gives access to the lists of ICD 9, ICD 10, CPT codes, LOINC and SNOMED CT codes by performing a simple search. The search results provide a list of codes exactly or similar to the search query which helps if there is a doubt in regards to a particular code.
The user can get both short and long descriptions of the code by clicking on the code that they need more information on. For the ease of frequent users, the view page of every code includes a button that can be used to bookmark any code in a particular list. Medicode provides easy access to the bookmarks page from the home screen itself so the user can view the lists at any time by going into the bookmarks view. A short description of the lists is provided below:
- ICD 9 –ICD stands for International Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. The ICD is the United Nations-sponsored World Health Organization’s “standard diagnostic tool for epidemiology, health management and clinical purposes. It is used to classify diseases and other health problems recorded on many types of health and vital records including death certificates and health records.
- ICD 10 – This is the 10th revision of the International Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems.
- CPT – CPT stands for Current Procedural Terminology. The CPT codes have been designed by American Medical Association to identify and classify medical, surgical and diagnostic services.
- LOINC – LOINC stands for Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes. LOINC is a database that identifies medical laboratory observations.
- SNOMED – SNOMED stands for Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine Clinical Terms. SNOMED provides an organized collection of medical term.
Overall Impressions from Around the Web:
This is an app that is geared toward both the American and international markets not to be confused with the iTunes app of the same name. There does not seem to be an iOS version available unfortunately.