iApp Creative LLC
Certified by Surescripts, iPrescribe is the first standalone electronic prescribing app. It’s as portable as your prescription pad, much more secure, saves time and offers incredible convenience. It’s preloaded with the specific drug info that will enable you to write prescriptions quickly, whether in the office, on rounds or out of town.
Installation of the application includes a free 7 day activation that starts when you register. After that you can purchase additional increments of 30 days ($9.99) or 1 year ($79.99).
In order to begin e-prescribing we require physical verification of your credentials.
- Transmit and receive electronic prescriptions
- Certified for use over the Surescripts™ network
- After writing a prescription you can save the drug and the specific way you prescribe it to your Favorites list for faster prescribing.
- Favorites allow you to create a new prescription in as few as 4 touches.
- Send prescriptions and receive refill notices without annoying and time consuming phone calls and faxes.
- Pre-loaded with over 3,500 FDA approved medications and all available strengths.
- Supported by our iPrescribe website for fast, easy and secure patient data entry. Patient ID, name, phone number, address, birth date, gender, and notes can be entered into the database and be wirelessly synced to your iPhone at any time. Patient data can also be entered manually into the iPhone.
- iPrescribe uses the same encryption technology that the US military uses to ensure safety and security for all personal data stored on the iPhone
- Secure log-on provides peace of mind in the event you lose your iPhone
- The intuitive design makes writing prescriptions very fast, particularly after the Favorites list is complete and patients are added to your personal and secure database on our website, which can easily be done by office staff prior to patient visits.
- If you do not have access to a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection you can still write a prescription and save it, for sending when you do have access.
Overall Impressions from Around the Web:
Since this is the only app of its kind at this point, there’s nothing to compare to. It’s only available in iOS format and hopefully that will change at some point. There seem to be a few technical glitches users are running into but the developers seem to also be on top of the problems. If you think you will use the app a lot, it’s probably worth it. Otherwise you might want to wait a bit to see if they can get all the bugs ironed out.