For patients of all abilities this is a fun and easy app which streams a choice of 10+ exercise videos. They can do a new workout each session going at their own pace, learning new exercises and stopping when they want. They can also compete against their previous exercise times and there are bodyweight & dumbbell exercises patients can do anywhere. There is a also a full version available for $3.99 with more than 100 exercise videos.
Other features include:
- High-quality HD exercise videos
- Advice from pros telling patients exactly what to do incl. timing cues
- Challenges with a selection of exercises to pick from
- Filter exercises by equipment required & target body areas
- Patients can go at their own pace
- Add exercise notes and see workout history
- Sharing: patients can challenge friends on Facebook & Twitter!
Overall Impressions from Around the Web:
This app is only available for Android systems so far but given its popularity and the fact that other Skimble apps are available on iTunes this will probably change. Reviews are positive with one "BadApp" site even admitting it couldn’t find any negative reviews. One commenter did say he wished some of the workouts were harder indicating that, for many of our patients, this is just about right.
Fitness Flow Android