Free with membership iOS/Android
DocbookMD is an exclusive HIPAA-secure messaging application for smartphone and tablet devices. Designed by and for physicians it creates a secure community to share patient information and collaborate with medical colleagues. In the past year, DocbookMD has experienced incredible growth now counting nearly 20,000 physicians users.
Drs. Tim Gueramy and Tracey Haas began developing DocbookMD four years ago out of a very personal need for more efficient and instantaneous physician-to-physician communication. By using DocbookMD, physicians can now send HIPAA-secure text messages bundled with photos of X-rays and EKGs. All the information is at a physician’s fingertips, resulting in faster and richer discussions on patient treatment and care. Also, with local physician and pharmacy directories built in, the time physicians spend finding colleagues or tracking down a local pharmacy is cut from hours to minutes.
- By Physicians. For Physicians.
- Currently offered in 37 states across over 200 state and county medical societies.
- Vital patient information right in your hand – upload images from X-rays and EKGs.
- Directory of local physicians and pharmacies.
- Built by design for fast, secure HIPAA-secure messaging.
- Helps physicians mobilize their practice.
- Makes it easier for physicians to communicate with their entire care team, including nurses, PAs, and office staff.
Overall Impressions from Around the Web:
Not much feedback just yet but this may also be because the available pool of potential users is not very large and also tends to be very busy. Some bugs in the system have shown up but the developers seem to have jumped on them pretty quickly. Great potential tool for physicians who need an efficient way to communicate.